Thursday, February 3, 2011

Swamp Dogg



Swamp DO-double-G! The man that has been so underground yet so influential!

The album cover for "Rat On!" (above) was voted the ugliest album cover of all time, that is something to be proud of. Swamp Dogg has released albums some great albums, such as "Total Destruction to Your Mind", "Rat On!", "Gag a Maggot", "Have You Heard the Story", or "I'm Not Selling Out, I'm Buying In". With names like these you know it's not your typical R&B music.

I love swamp dogg for remaining himself and giving us so many awesome soul/psych albums. His lyrics are nonsensical sometimes, but often they are heartfelt and honest. So I gotta give it up for the man. He is completely underrated.

"Total Destruction to Your Mind" (1970) is probably my favorite of all his work, but there is a lot to love.











No comments:

Post a Comment